How to do SEO in 2023
How to run search engine optimization in 2023 to achieve goals
What is SEO?
During the history of businesses that started their performing online, SEO became one of the key tools for the competition for first ranking positions.
SEO, or search engine optimization, is the improving of the visibility and ranking of the website on search engine results pages (SERPs). This is achieved by optimizing various website elements, such as content, structure, and backlinks. So that search engines like Google can more easily crawl and understand the website’s relevance to certain keywords and topics. The goal of SEO is to drive more organic (unpaid) traffic to websites from search engines, which can lead to more visibility, engagement, and ultimately conversions for your business.
SEO for business
According to data, today 93% of online experiences begin with search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and others. Google processes over 3.5 billion searches per day. And the first five organic search results on Google account for 67.6% of all clicks, 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search results. The number of websites a customer visits before making a purchase is approximately 6. Looking at those figures it’s clear why companies emphasize the importance of a strong online presence and ensuring their website provides valuable information to potential customers.
Most business-owners who want to grow and develop their business choose SEO as the main source and flow of qualified leads. According to a survey by Clutch, 68% of small businesses in the USA reported investing in SEO in 2022, with a majority of those businesses (93%) reporting that they plan to maintain or increase their SEO spending in the future. 61% of marketers confirm that doing SEO is their top inbound marketing priority.
SEO is one of the most challenging and complicated fields in marketing research. For example, Google, who stays a guardian of high quality content and visitor satisfaction, updates its search algorithm about 500-600 times per year, on average. Except the biggest update that’s taken place every July, there are other upgrades happening continuously. That is why we recommend making the SEO improvements and website optimization in advance.
That’s why it’s never enough work for SEO specialists. While providing marketing strategy, businesses should devote long-term and sustained effort to SEO research despite the field or industry.
Both B2B and B2C SEO require a comprehensive plan that takes into account the target audience, competition, and industry-specific factors. Successful SEO strategy is to create high-quality, relevant content that provides significant value to potential customers.
So how to do SEO in 2023 to get ranking heights?
Time is passing, but still in 2023 there are the top three factors that influence search engine rankings are content, backlinks, and Google’s machine learning algorithm. So focus on working in these areas in the most efficient way.
1. Before planning, conduct comprehensive keyword research to identify target keywords that help you recognize and focus target audience demands and needs.
2. Follow the competitors, research how they run SEO. Do it better.
3. Ensure that search engines can easily crawl and index website pages. For this purpose Involve seo-specialists and web-developers to check and optimize the website’s structure (URLs, meta tags, headers, and sitemaps). Websites with optimized meta descriptions have a 5.8 higher click-through rate (CTR) than the competitors without them.
4. Produce high-quality, engaging content that will be rich in value to your target audience, answer their popular queries and include a strong call to action. Use natural and clear language. Companies that blog regularly receive 97% more inbound links and 55% more website visitors.
5. While using AI tools for content creation (ChatGPT and other) – ensure editing them with professionals that they meet all the specific SEO requirements for the text, images and video. Remember, that the optimized and good structured content can result in a 30% increase in click-through rates from search engine results.
6. Stay actual, follow the fresh trends. Regularly update website’s content to keep it relevant and engaging for your audience. Demonstrate your expertise in the field you represent.
7. Pay attention to adopting texts on the website for voice search queries. Remember the number of voice searches reached 8 billion by 2023.
8. Use a internal linking for website hierarchy structure to be clear for search engines
9. Mobile devices account for over 50% of all website traffic. So work at a mobile-friendly approach to ensure that the website is optimized for mobile devices-first, as main focus in 2023
10. Improve the website speed and performance. For that optimize images, leverage browser caching, and turn off unnecessary plugins.
11. Implement tools for quick sharing the content on social media channels to promote the website. Use social media for disturbing content using direct backlinks to the website pages.
12. Find opportunities for high-quality backlinks to the website. For this purpose pay attention only to relevant and authoritative sources.
13. Regularly control online performance using popular SEO analytics tools. This will help to optimize SEO efforts and identify areas for improvement.
14. Work with local SEO tactics to cover customers in the specific geographical area.
15. Put the hand on the pulse of SEO updates and be ready to react to them immediately.
Remember, whether for B2B or B2C, the SEO effort depends on several factors such as the industry, target audience, and competition. SEO may vary based on factors such as company size, industry, and budget, among others.
Despite the typical roadmap for most SEO actions and great potential benefits of SEO, it’s important to note that there is no one-size-fits-all solution. The impact of SEO can vary greatly depending on a range of factors. Effective SEO requires a comprehensive strategy that is tailored to the specific needs and goals of the business.
To explore the SEO strategy exactly for your company it’s better to involve experts to save time, money and nervousness and to reach the goals in the shortest period of time. SEO is one of the most popular tools in marketing strategy planning, as its expenses are easily recovered with the rising organic traffic and warm lead generation. The average ROI for SEO is estimated to be 5 to 10 times higher than that of paid search. (source: Forbes).
Save even more with experienced SEO specialists outsourcing to achieve business goals effectively and quickly.